A public dumping ground for words and pictures. Contact me at ThomasTamblyn@Gmail.com

Sunday 9 August 2009

More culting

Yet more robed cultists. These ones aren't coastal though. The masks make them look like spider-cultists. Maybe underneath the robes they're even hideous gangly insecty bastards themselves. Who can say. I haven't decided yet.

The basic robed cultist outline here is a pretty generic one, and if I decide that I need some generic cultists I may well adapt these guys and just swap the masks for faces.

The colours are pretty wishy-washy. barely any unity across them except the eyes. But since I haven't decided what these mysterious hooded figures are for, this was more like three tries to see what colour scheme might look good than anything serious. Thinking about it now, maybe a sandy-coloured beige or ochre would work, and set them apart from the sea cult with its desaturated greens, blues and purples.

Truth be told they're all, linework and colour both, a bit of a rush job. I've been concentrating so much on the cute little icons lately that I suppose I wanted to prove to myself that I could still do figures. Tomorrow I'll decide they suck and redo them. That's been a productive attitude in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment