A public dumping ground for words and pictures. Contact me at ThomasTamblyn@Gmail.com

Tuesday 14 April 2009

Native sworders

These go along with the spear-guys from a little while ago, obviously. Once agan they're an eclectic mish-mash. The big chunky masks are shields this time (and a different style) and the weapons are Aztec-styled for no better reason than me liking the look.

Shields are hard to do because the obscure so much of the figure. In this case, they're also at a really weird angle. Probably best not to think too hard about it.

The shaggy furs/feathers/pelts too are rather all-over-the-place. I'm only really content with them on #1. But the rest are good enough.

Lots of poor node discipline here - I've slipped into bad habits. I can't quite bring myself to care enough to revise them though. Done is done. The hairdos and #1's weapon are borderline, but the shoulder-pelt things are where I really let it all go. If I come back to them I'll probably be pruning there. The masks are node-whores too, but there's not really any way around that when they're the focal point of the character.

The pose is progress though. Something other than just standing in generic hero pose. More action is good. I'm not yet at the point where I'm reskinning old skeletons, though as ever it remains a possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment